At Pella, we have a history of sustainability, and we’re dedicated to protecting the environment, including locally in Beltsville. Whether that’s through our own business practices or making energy-saving products, we strive to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help enhance the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll see the benefits all year long.
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 features the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with recommendations based on your climate. The three below provide our best energy efficiency and protection from the sun and temperatures year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 offers three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the glass panes.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 offers insulating double-pane glass with dual coats of Low-E thermal protection. This selection also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to increase energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also features insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating formed from three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler when it’s hot outside. This glass blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted between the glass to add energy efficiency.
Visit your Beltsville Pella Showroom to learn about more Pella insulating glass choices or our recommendations for the Beltsville region.
Determining Energy Efficiency
You can figure out your energy efficiency by looking for three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – two or three layers of glass translates to more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella inserts it between two or more glass panes to offer additional insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home when it’s hot and inside the room when it’s cold; and it blocks harmful UV rays.
Pella Innovation for Beltsville Area Home
We’ve provided features to help our products increase your energy efficiency, including:
- Various combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- Exclusive snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to prevent the possibility of seal failure
Discover more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.